Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS) Center of Excellence
The center is operating under the supervision of:
Dr. Hasan Salheen M.D. Head of Spine Surgery Hospital, Sankt Elisabeth Hospital Gütersloh and supervisor of spine surgery units in the KHO, Westfalen State, Germany.
And a group of the best endoscopic and minimally invasive spine surgeons:
Dr. Muhammad Musa
Surgeons can use MISS for some types of spine surgery, including:
The center scope of minimal invasive operations:
- Endoscopic Lumbar discectomy and laminectomy
- Endoscopic lumbar Stabilization and fusion
- Endoscopic Cervical discectomy
- Minimal invasive cervical spine fusion
- Minimal invasive spine Stabilization and treatment of fractures and displacement vertebrae (Spondylolisthesis)
- Correction of children and adults’ scoliosis
During endoscopic MISS, the surgeon makes a smaller incision and then he uses a state-of-the-art operating endoscope device that allows clearer access.
The minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS) is a type of surgery on the bones of your spine (backbone). This type of surgery uses smaller incisions than standard/microscopic surgery.
This often causes less harm to bone, nearby muscles, and other tissues. It can lead to less pain and faster recovery after surgery.
Not all hospitals are equipped for MISS.